Monday, June 7, 2010

Vendor Profile: Liquid Sunshine

After the soggy spring that we've had it only seemed appropriate that we should kick off our vendor profiles with one of our returning vendors, Liquid Sunshine. What an absolutely perfect name. Not only does it describe the product - fresh squeezed lemonade with complex and complementary flavors mixed in. It also describes the personality of the man behind the juicer - Clint 'Trip' Bissell. If you haven't been on the receiving end of his infectious energy and wonderfully booming voice, you are in for a treat this summer. Check out his Pomegranate and Lavender Lemonade blends. Now that's sunshine in a glass. Welcome back, Trip!


Clint "Trip" Bissell, Liquid Sunshine Lemonade.


1) What types of products do you specialize in?

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with all natural flavors. This season I am featuring a rotating guest flavor each week. Mango, an Oregon 4 Berry Blend, Jalapeno, Lavender, Pomegranate... So many exciting combinations to try! I am looking for more unique ideas, so please send any suggestions to pdxlemonade@gmail.com. I am also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pdxlemonade. Become a fan to learn about weekly flavors, locations, and special deals. I will be set up downtown Monday-Friday this summer and will be using Facebook to communicate with my fans. I am also featuring LSLCAPC's this year. (Liquid Sunshine Lemonade Customer Appreciation Punch Cards) LOL

2) What are your biggest challenges in operating a business? And what makes it all worth it?

The biggest challenge is Portland's short Lemonade season! LOL I really only have three months of good weather that I attempt to stretch out to five. It is all worth it when people tell me how much they love my product and return to say hello each week. When I see people at the grocery store, library, or movies they call me "The Lemonade Guy" and tell their friends how awesome my fresh squeezed lemonade is. That is why I do what I do. I may not be changing the world, but I am bringing a little happiness and sunshine into peoples lives!

4) Why do you chose Montavilla Farmers Market to sell your products?

The Montavilla Farmers Market is all about the neighborhood! The neighborhood wants the market there and supports it. And in return the market is there for it's neighbors. This symbiotic relationship is essential. However, it is missing at many of the farmers markets around Portland. I have been to many markets where the neighborhood, local businesses, and market managers are constantly bickering and fighting. It is not conducive to good business or healthy for the community. Nobody wins. But at Montavilla the Market Managers, vendors, local businesses, and customers are fantastic! It is a pleasure to attend the Montavilla Farmers Market each week.

5) Do you have a favorite cookbook that you cook from?

The Joy of Cooking. My mom bought me a copy when I left for college. I like that it does not make any assumptions. It explains everything in fine detail. Almost as though it understands how little I really know! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment